Everything is about first impressions, and teeth whitening is right up there as a way to create that great first impression. If your teeth are yellowing, people associate that with poor dental hygiene and someone who just does not care about how they look. For many people, brushing their teeth day in and day out just is not enough, never achieving a bright, white smile. If you find yourself in this group of people, rest assured that there are products available to help you get whiter teeth - and it will not cost you an arm and a leg (or tooth)! What teeth whitening option do you choose? Here are some pointers to help get you started in the right direction.
Why are my teeth not very white?
While we may do everything we can to maintain white teeth and take care preventing cavities and gum disease, our teeth take a beating considering the battles we put them through. Many foods and beverages stain our teeth dramatically, and unless we are on top of teeth whitening, eventually they yellow. Some beverages to avoid if you want a whiter smile include coffee, tea, dark sodas, wines, and tomato-based drinks. Acidic foods such as tomatoes, oranges, lemons, and limes will wear down your tooth enamel leaving them wide open to staining. If you choose to continue consuming these foods and drinks, it is best to brush your teeth shortly after.
Another obvious teeth-stainer is from smoking. Again, if you smoke, it is recommended you brush right after to avoid yellowing of your teeth.
One teeth whitening solution that is readily available include the vast number of whitening toothpastes on the market. These type of toothpastes include a whitening agent such as carbamide peroxide or sodium tripolyphosphate and can also contain an abrasive agent that works at removing the stains and whitening teeth. If you are looking for a quick fix to yellowing teeth, this is not the best choice as it can take six months or more of regular brushing to begin seeing noticeable results.
You probably have seen the commercials for whitening strips, another affordable teeth whitening option. With special strips for the front of your top and bottom teeth, the bleaching agent, hydrogen peroxide, comes in contact with your teeth helping to achieve whiter smile. With regular use, expect to start seeing results in 15 to 30 days. A few disadvantages to whitening strips include:
Another effective teeth whitening product involves using whitening trays. Similar to a mouth guard, the whitening trays, filled with a hydrogen peroxide bleaching agent, work to remove stains on your teeth. Using the trays for a couple of hours every day will produce noticeable results in a matter of weeks. Better than the whitening strips option, the trays allows your teeth to be whiter front and back. Depending on what manufacturer you go with, the whitening trays are one-use disposable, or multiple use.
As far as affordability and quality results from at-home teeth whitening products, the whitening trays provide the quickest and most dramatic whitening of your teeth.
Laser Activated Bleaching
Not a at-home teeth whitening option, laser activated bleaching might be something you consider if you have extra funds on hand. If you are looking for next-to-instant results, laser bleaching is your best choice. After applying a special bleaching agent, plasma arc, LED, or halogen light is applied to your teeth. This special laser activates and accelerates the oxidation process, providing quick whitening results. However, depending on how yellow your teeth are, it might mean extra sessions with your dentist to achieve that optimum results, and means more expense. Look to spending $400 or more to start the process.
Whatever your choice for teeth whitening, once the desired results are obtained, regular cleaning and brushing must be maintained. Most home methods are effective, but if time is a factor, whitening trays is a good choice to consider.
If you are ready to have that whiter and brighter smile, additional information is available through my website, http://www.gettingyourteethwhitened.com/.
- Teeth Whitening: 5 Reasons For Polishing Your Teeth Through Teeth Whitening Techniques
- by w4l3XzY3
- Crest 3d White 2-Hr Express Whitestrips Dental Whitening Kit, 4-Count
- Five products you probably aren’t buying organic (but should)
- OPALESCENCE 35% MINT TEETH TOOTH WHITENING GEL 4SY
- Crest 3D White Whitestrips Vivid Enamel Safe Dental Whitening Kit, 10-count Carton
- NEW NITE WHITE MINT EXCEL ACP 4 PK 22% TEETH WHITENING KIT W/0 TRAY
- Gilbert bear-attack victim’s friends to hold benefit
- New Watts Power Sensitive 22% Dental Pro Formula Teeth Whitening Shield System -2 Huge Gels 20ml – Same Results as 35%
- 2 Professional 35% Teeth Whitening Refill Gel Sets – Optimized Formula By Watts Power White
- NEW Day White ACP 9.5% Teeth Whitening 4 Syringes with BONUS shade guide- Professional Strength Whitening
- Nite White Excel 3 ACP Z 22% Teeth Whitening 3pk Kit
- Luster Premium White At Home Tooth Whitening Light System 1 set
- Watts Power White 36% Optimized Deep Stain Teeth Whitening Gels – 2 Huge 10ml Gels
- What Is The Best Home Teeth Whitener Now
- WATCH: Pageant Mom Forces Her Kids To Bleach Their Teeth Every Week
- Achieve great smile with teeth whitening process
- Manhattan Beach Cosmetic Dentist Polishes Mommy Makeover with Teeth Whitening
- Teeth Whitening Methods – the Best Way to Whiten Teeth
- Natural Teeth Whitening Tips:why You Should Go For Teeth Whitening